Discover how the e-commerce update will benefit customers with our reserve online or full end-to-end payment plugins in place
Whether you’re a new or existing customer of ours, you’ll appreciate that we always aim to go above and beyond for you and your business. We take our approach to customer service very seriously, which has led us to be awarded the Website Provider for Independent Dealers at the annual Car Dealer Power Awards for six years in a row – an achievement that we are extremely proud of.
While you’re probably used to speaking with our account management and customer service team on a regular basis, there is a whole world within the 67 Degrees walls which many of our dealers aren’t privy to. Our in-house development team not only designs, creates and builds our award-winning websites, but they also develop innovative products that will benefit our customers’ online offerings – such as e-commerce solutions and associated upgrades.
As such, the dedicated dev team has been working hard to increase our e-commerce offering via Stripe – a payment gateway integrated into websites that offer a reservation or full end-to-end solution. Because of this, our dealers are now able to offer Apple Pay and Google Wallet within the payment section of their websites. We are upgrading Stripe to existing customers and will ensure new customers can benefit from this feature too. Read on to find out more…
What is the Stripe payment gateway?
If you are a dealer that already boasts an e-commerce offering on your website, then you’ll already be familiar with Stripe. If not, here’s a brief summary of how the bespoke payment system works:
In essence, Stripe is a piece of software designed to enable payments online. It is an extremely secure system that can facilitate payments across the globe by accepting numerous payment methods. Because of its flexibility, the software is used by businesses around the world in order to fulfil customer transactions online.
We explain more about why businesses use Stripe, its benefits, and how it works on a website in a detailed article about the product. Find out five ways Stripe can benefit car dealers by reading our Stripe ultimate website guide.
What Stripe e-commerce upgrades will 67 Degrees customers benefit from?
If you have a 67 Degrees website with Stripe integration, then your e-commerce plugin will automatically be upgraded to include Apple Pay and Google Wallet. Both of these are popular payment methods that are now facilitated through the Stripe service – we explain more about each of these, below:
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service created by the Apple brand that allows users to make payments in person, in iOS apps (via iPhones and iPads), and on the web. NFC (near-field communication) technology allows contactless payments in shops via compatible iPhones and Apple Watches, while apps and websites can integrate Apple Pay using an API – such as Stripe. Apple’s mobile wallet is designed for convenient, secure, and private contactless payments across retail stores, apps, and websites.
What are the benefits of Apple Pay?
Here are some of the main benefits of having Apple Pay as an available payment method online:
- Security – Apple Pay uses device-specific token-based numbers and fingerprint/face ID verification to help reduce fraud, making it more secure than physical credit or debit cards.
- Convenience – Apple Pay is quick and easy to use which means you don’t have to physically carry cards around in order to make necessary payments.
- Privacy – Apple Pay doesn’t store your actual credit or debit card number on your device or Apple servers, thus keeping your card details private.
- Widely accepted – Apple Pay is accepted by millions of retailers across the UK and worldwide – including vehicle dealership websites built by 67 Degrees!
- Zero customer fees – Apple doesn’t charge any transaction fees when using a debit card paired with Apple Pay (credit card fees depend on the issuing bank).
- Synced device payments – Payment information added onto one Apple device automatically syncs across all your other Apple devices.
What is Google Wallet?
Google Wallet is a digital wallet platform and online payment system developed by Google to power contactless payments and allow users to store debit cards, credit cards, loyalty cards, and more. Visible via payment gateway integrations such as Stripe, Google Wallet provides security, convenience, and numerous transaction capabilities for seamless online purchases.
What are the benefits of using Google Wallet?
Here are some of the main benefits of having Google Wallet as an available payment method online:
- Digital card storage – Google Wallet can store your credit and debit cards digitally in one place for easy access so you don’t have to worry about having a physical card on you to make a payment.
- Faster purchases – Google Wallet’s checkout process is streamlined with your payment info which is accessible in the app – you can even store shipping info to keep track of purchases.
- Safety and security – With Google Wallet, your actual card details are not shared with merchants. Instead, purchases are authenticated using virtual account numbers for protection against fraud.
- Multiple payment methods – In addition to credit and debit cards, Google Wallet can store and make payments with gift cards, bank accounts, and other sources.
- Split payments – Google Wallet facilitates the option to split bills with friends and family to share the cost of purchases directly through the app.
How will 67 Degrees customers benefit from the Stripe e-commerce upgrades?
In an effort to ensure that customers old and new will benefit from the e-commerce upgrades, we are rolling updates out across our websites that already have Stripe as an integration. What’s important for us to add here is that this upgrade to accommodate both Apple Pay and Google Wallet will come at zero cost to our existing customers – which means we are upgrading the integration for FREE!
If you’re a 67 Degrees dealer who already has our reserve online or full end-to-end e-commerce integration, there’s absolutely nothing you need to do – the roll-out of these upgrades is already in place. By December 2023, all of our existing dealers that use Stripe will automatically see Apple Pay and Google Wallet appear alongside the current payment methods.
Another perk of the Stripe upgrade is that the card payment section of your website when viewed on a desktop computer is now visually improved and housed within the associated transaction form. The entire process will save the consumer time as reservations are made much simpler, which we hope will increase conversions over time.
E-commerce solutions for car dealers
Whether you’re a new or existing 67 Degrees dealer, you too can take advantage of our e-commerce offering. The ability to purchase a vehicle online has transformed the automotive industry and the way in which consumers buy. If you’re keen to have customers reserve a car online and/or complete the entire purchase process via your website, we have created a bespoke e-commerce plugin to accommodate these requirements.
We use Stripe as our preferred e-commerce payment gateway, so once the service is integrated into your website, a number of payment options will be available to you, including debit card and credit cards, Klarna, as well as the upgraded Apple Pay and Google Wallet payment methods. When it comes to the transaction stage, all of these payment options will automatically display in the checkout on applicable devices – such as iOS and Android.
If you have any questions at all and would like to enquire about our e-commerce solution, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to discuss your options.