Full Stack Software Engineer (PHP)
If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to be part of an award-winning team, then we could have just the role for you!
We’re currently recruiting for a Full Stack Software Engineer (PHP) to help shape our business and take us to the next level. It’s the team that makes 67 Degrees a great place to work, so we’re on the hunt for talented and passionate people to be part of our family.
What is the Full Stack Developer role?
Main duties and areas of responsibility
As a Full Stack Developer, you’ll be working on, building out and maintaining our SaaS platform. This includes:
- Writing and maintaining high coding standards throughout our Yii2 applications.
- Contributing to scoping, technical design, infrastructure and delivery.
- Working closely with our current engineering team and mentoring other team members.
- Helping monitor and maintain test and production environments.
Essential experience requirements
- Working with Yii2 / Laravel or similar and developing object-oriented PHP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as you may be liaising with internal and external customers.
- Understanding of the entire web development process in an LEMP environment (design, development and deployment).
- Database creation, integration, and management.
- API creation and Integration of third-party services and APIs.
- Strong GIT version control.
- High level of coding standards.
- Understanding of widely used design patterns.
- Contribution towards code reviews.
- The ability to write comprehensive documentation.
- Use of best practices within the project framework.
- Understanding of the OWASP Top 10 and secure development principles.
- DevOps (Jenkins or similar).
- Familiarity with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS).
- Strong software architecture.
- Experience managing releases through CI/CD.
- Designing efficient SQL queries and schemas.
- Familiarity in working with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Single Page Applications / Static Site Generators.
- Writing automated tests - experience with Test-Driven Development is a bonus.
Why work for 67 Degrees?
Whilst we work hard, we believe your job should be fun and rewarding too.
Whether it's team nights out, taking advantage of our fantastic location next to the River Adur and South Downs at lunchtime, or just slipping your slippers on at your desk, that's absolutely fine by us. You won't find any cold corporate environments here.
Not only will you get to work with a great team of talented individuals, but you’ll benefit from a number of perks too as part of our dev team...
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- 25 days holiday, bank holidays and your birthday off.
- Flexibility around remote working.
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events.
- Buddy Program - An experienced staff member is at your side.
- A MacBook Pro.
- Well-stocked drinks and snacks in-office.
- Monthly massages.
- Shared office bikes.
- Team days out.
- Ongoing monthly Foosball tournaments.
All of this and so much more is what you can expect as standard when you’re a 67 Degrees team member - go on, you know it makes sense!
Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and accompanying cover letter to tell us a little bit more about you and why you’d be a great fit for us.